KBS 'Superman' caught mistranslating Sarang's Japanese... intentional?


Article: "Trusted the subtitles"... KBS Superman 'severe mistranslation' of Japanese subtitles

Source: Kuki News via Nate

Original (Sarang): Mom, have this.
Mistranslation: Peel this for me.

Original (Yano Shiho): Eat it, mom already ate hers.
Mistranslation: You're eating one right now.

Original: Give me one~
Mistranslation: I have to give my dongseng one!

Original: You can't drop it~
Mistranslation: Don't touch what's mine!

-

1. [+468, -4] As someone who doesn't know Japanese, I rely 100% on the translated subtitles... and I'm sure those mistranslations can cause misunderstandings. They need a solution to this.

2. [+437, -8] The subtitles on Superman really make me sigh

3. [+409, -11] Please use your licensing fees the right way

4. [+43, -2] It's not only the mistranslations but their captions in general are embarrassingly immature ㅋㅋ Makes me not want to watch it

5. [+29, -2] Must they force mistranslations to make a scene seem more funny? Especially on a child's show... Just take it off air.

6. [+28, -1] The scriptwriters are writing their own novel at this point

7. [+26, -3] I get that some things must be staged for the fun of the show but this is going too far;

8. [+21, -0] This isn't mistranslation but straight up staging

-